Silent Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan Forum

HomeHome  Log in  RegisterRegister  PortálPortál  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  

Wild's Essay #2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wildman6456
Spammer
Spammer
wildman6456

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Wild's Essay #2 Empty
PostSubject: Wild's Essay #2   Wild's Essay #2 Icon_minitime6/30/2008, 8:11 am

This Essay has not been slightly edited from my writing it yesterday Dark just wanted to see it so any kind of editing or anything that you see that is needed let me know it will help out thanks! Wild.

Why Do We Follow Leaders That We Don't Like??/Why Do We Follow Leaders That Aren't The Best For Us??

Leaders are in all aspects of our life from government, school, games and even our jobs. What makes us follow these leaders and why do we follow leader that we obviously don't like or don't get along with?

The first question will obviously be the easier of the two to analyze and answer for you. The main reasons that I can come up with is power, reputation/fame, trust and friendship (between yourself and the leaders themselves) and of course the last one which obviously everyone looks at money. With the money reason everyone always wants to make the most for doing the least amount of work/effort. This does not mean that you want a ten dollar an hour job at McDonald's over a forty-five dollar an hour job just because you want to do less, what this is referring to is if you had the choice between a twenty dollar an hour job sitting in an office doing nothing other than answering a phone that rang one an hour and all the rest of your time the boss didn't care what you were doing vs. a twenty dollar an hour job that you would have to lift heavy boxes, drive forklifts and run around doing five jobs at once in that kind of scenario most people would take the desk job due to the fact that it's an easier job and thus love their boss because they would not have to do anything and get paid a good deal of money. For power everyone wants to follow the most powerful leader out there or most powerful group that is out there. This you can find examples of in all aspects of life especially gaming, due to the fact that everyone wants to join the top clan or top people that are ruling in the game. For power you will find a lot of followers that are sometimes not dedicated to the cause but just there because they want to be a part of the powerful force or group that is out there. Reputation and fame go hand in hand with power and money due to the fact that the best way to get a better reputation and fame is either to be more powerful or be rich. This is found just by looking at our top celebrities around the world at this time. How did they get so famous when some of them have no talent at all?, through their family's/parents money or power. For trust and friendship this one of the hardest to build and hardest for you to actually keep especially when you did not start as leader but was promoted/brought up into it, the reason is because your friend thinks that they can get away with more than the average person you lead/wants to get away with more than what they should be able to get away with. This at the same time can be the best people to lead because you can talk to them and know that they are being honest with you and that they know that you are being honest with them. This kind of loyalty also helps in the leadership role due to the fact that these types of people will be most likely to come to your aid if you start to need help in your clan or leadership roles.

Now the second question is a little bit harder to answer because for there can be an almost infinite number of reasons including being forced or no choice in the matter at all. With those reasons there is not anything that you have power over whatsoever, what I will discuss in this essay will be about when you have power/influence in the matter.

The main reasons that I was able to come up with was that you like the power you have where you are, you don't want to start over in a new clan/job/etc., you don't want to lose the benefits the leader/position you serve in provides. The top reason that I have seen is that you don't want to start over, we all have been there and really understood the logic behind it. The big thing is though when all we would have to do is just meet new people or just join a new clan/business. This from what I am able to decipher is a psychological aspect of the human nature that has to deal with rejection and fear of the new position. For rejection it could be anything from self rejection where you yourself convinces yourself that you can't leave because they need you to much and that you would be letting down everyone thus causing yourself to not want to leave, it could be a psychological group rejection where you think that you will be rejected by the people at the new clan/job that you are going to without even meeting them at all, or even just being rejected by the leader of whatever it is you are applying for, so if you tried to apply for a new clan and they just might reject you right off the rip because you don't meet their clan requirements somewhere but you know that you do. The second top reason that I see someone who has a choice to decide on who leads or manages them is that you don't want to lose the money or benefits the leader/position you serve in provides. For this reason it does not mean that it is limited to money or benefits that you receive at work such as stock, 401k, health insurance, etc. but more towards the benefits your leader/manager gives you such as being able to get people into the clan/company, being a moderator or shift supervisor (so running things when the leader/manager is away), being able to make better self assessed decisions not having to go through a higher position to do what you think needs to be done. Knowing that you would have to leave that sort of position and have to go back down to a regular clanmate or associate or even if you were a level 2 or a level 3 clanmate/associate you still may have to work yourself up to where you once were which means that all your time and efforts that you have already placed forth could all be for nothing. This also explains the reasons for you not to leave a leader you don't like due to the fact that you like the power you have. But with the power you are more likely to be a leader/manager that does not want to start over as a regular clanmate/associate once again and have to redo the work that you have done at least once before. For these reasons although very valid and everyone has experienced one of them or more the simple fact remains that if you do not like your leader/manager you should find a way to get to a new clan/job the reason why is because you will be hurting the clan/job that you are staying at if you don't including may diminish your options to get to another position with another clan/job where you could stay in almost the same position or not have to work your way as far up the corporate ladder, this can even work in your benefit for you and you would get rid of the person that you can't stand leading you.

I hope this explains more and brings it up more to your attention when you are following a leader/manager that you don't like or do not wish to continue to follow. I also hope this will help leaders with the fact if you do not get along with your clanmates/associates to let them go because they may feel obligated to stay and thus cause further havoc in your clan/job.

Thanks for reading again and let me know of anything that you see to edit/change.

-----Wild
Back to top Go down
Garreat
Spammer
Spammer

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Wild's Essay #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild's Essay #2   Wild's Essay #2 Icon_minitime6/30/2008, 11:37 am

Wild's Essay #2 Holy-shit-awesome-2
Back to top Go down

Wild's Essay #2
Page 1 of 1